Who We are
Early Support for Parents (ESP) is a free service available to anyone with the care and responsibility of children under the age of 18 years. There is no need for a referral to us. Give us a call or send an email and we can make arrangements for a home visit.
After our first chat we will link you with a trained volunteer family support worker who will then be in contact on a regular basis. We try to be flexible – our volunteers are not restricted to ‘normal’ hours and will try and work with you to meet your needs.
What we can offer
- Support for individuals who are experiencing stress, crisis or social isolation while parenting or caring for a child/children
- Provide in-home mentoring, and activities focused on parent education and skills development
- Help to improve confidence and enjoyment in parenting/ caring for a child
- Offer guidance on how to manage challenging childhood behaviours
- Provide information and education on aspects of family life and the developmental stages of a child
- Offer knowledge on available support services provided within the community
- Offer guidance on how to manage family conflict and breakdown
Want to Volunteer with us?
Early Support for Parent's needs new Family Support Home Visiting Volunteer's across Southern Tasmania.
Early Support for Parents provides support to families in Southern Tasmania by training and supporting volunteers to work in the community. Volunteering for ESP can provide pathways to further training, employment and a sense of giving back to your community.
Volunteers support families by recognising and working with the strengths of those families. We have been supporting families in Southern Tasmania to build resilience for over 30 years.
- WWVP card (or we can help you obtain one)
- Drivers licence and reliable access to a form of transport
- Capacity to maintain absolute confidentiality
- Can volunteer for 3-4 hours a week including administrative and transport requirements.
If you would like to get started please contact us and we can facilitate training with you.
Funded by the Tasmanian State Government through the Department of Communities Tasmania
Early Support for Parents is a COVID-19 Aware organisation
In line with Tasmanian Government advice we require you to:
- Check into our workplaces with Check In Tas App
- Maintain social distancing of 1.5 metres in all meetings and when visiting service consumers
- If you are unwell, even with mild symptoms stay at home.