Early Support for Parent’s are always looking for Volunteer’s in the South Arm area and surrounds.
We provide support to families in Southern Tasmania by training and supporting volunteers to work in the community. Volunteering for ESP can provide pathways to further training, employment and a sense of giving back to your community.
Volunteer Family Support Worker
Do you have a passion for supporting families in the community to build on their strengths, capacities and improve their resourcefulness through their own communities?
Do you want to better understand childhood development, what drives behaviours and how to build family connections?
We have roles available all over Southern Tasmania.
- To Build and maintain a positive and engaging relationship with a family to support identified goals and outcomes.
- Weekly contact with the Program Coordinator or applicable Team Leader in the form of text message, phone call or email.
- Record visits and relevant information as per ESP’s policies within family casework forms and case plans.
- Minimum monthly submission of casework forms in person, through mail, or email
- Attendance to at least three Volunteer Team Meetings annually
- Compliance with ESP’s confidentiality policies
Role with Families:
- To build and maintain a relationship with the allocated family
- Setting of goals with the family
- Support the family in achieving and reviewing the family goals
- Support the transition/exit of the family from the program
Client Case Work:
- Home/community visits where negotiated by the family
- Review of families with ESP Coordinator for referral to external services if required
- Assist parents to access appropriate services and information and support families exiting the program
- Record keeping as specified in procedures of the organisation
- Commitment to ESP’s objectives and core values
- Developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to contribute to a team environment
- Ability to work independently and maintain accurate records
- Computer literate - including in editing, saving and uploading documents; basis spreadsheet, survey completion for Government funding reporting.
- Current Australian driving licence and regular access to a vehicle
- Current Working with Vulnerable People / Child Related Activity card – or the ability to obtain one
Hours of work:
- As negotiated with the family
- Weekly contact with assigned Program Coordinator
- Attendance at 3 Volunteer Team Meetings Annually
- Attendance at a minimum of two optional training is required across the year
A drivers licence is essential.
Working with Vulnerable Persons Check is also essential.
Kilometres and some phone usage can be claimed as appropriate to the role.
Volunteers must have a drivers licence and consistent access to a vehicle.
Team Leader - Volunteer Family Support Program
Early Support for Parents is increasing the capacity of its program.
As a volunteer team leader, you will be an integral part within our organisation in supporting volunteer recruitment where appropriate, providing ongoing support to your team of five volunteers and providing weekly program reports against our KPIs.
You'll receive full training and ongoing support from the program administrator, and have access to opportunities to further develop your skills.
If you are passionate about community capacity building, have strong leadership skills, the ability to maintain confidentiality and support Tasmanian families to develop and grow in your capacity, then this could be the role for you.
Request and include a copy of your resume, a cover letter and your availability during the week.
5-10 hours per week.
Flexible hours available.
Some working hours can be reached, but it will be negotiated.
- Families with Children
- Qualified Volunteers
- Administration and office management
- companionship and social support
- Advice and help line
Training: Full training and ongoing training is provided throughout the position.
Refund: Some expenses.
** COVERAGE AREAS: HUON VALLEY AND NEW NORFOLK
UPCOMING TRAINING EVENTS 2023